Call on Bernhardt's Experienced Mold Consultant and Project Facilitators
When it comes to mold contamination, you have both a legal and ethical responsibility to test and remediate appropriately for the health and safety of your building occupants. That means avoiding cut-rate mold consultants who may miss something important and leave you with a bigger problem than you had before.
Instead, look for an experienced mold consultant who meets the following criteria:
- Meets all of your state’s regulations regarding mold consultant certification. ie. Licensing and certification. IICRC is the standard for the mold industry.
- Is current on continuing education, and up to date on all the latest information, resources, and tools for mold assessment and remediation.
- Maintains general liability and insurance for both preliminary and post-remediation mold consultation and assessment, in the amount of at least $1 million.
- Is able to get onsite in a timely manner, especially in the case of disaster. response, when time is of the essence.
- Cross-disciplinary experience–a firm understanding of construction, indoor air quality, and environmental engineering will ensure your mold consultant can easily identify sources of mold contamination and then design remediation protocol plans that actually get the job done.
- A stellar, long-standing reputation for trust and excellence.
The right mold consultant is minimally invasive but maximally effective.
Conduct a Post-Remediation Inspection
A common mistake property owners make is that they call on a mold remediation company to deal with their mold problem, but they fail to follow up with a post-remediation inspection.
Mold remediation can be tricky. Even the most experienced mold consultant can miss a hidden source of moisture, or contamination hidden in an inaccessible area. These untreated areas can quickly mushroom into a bigger problem than you started with. Onsite un-announced spot inspections are conducted for compliance to the IICRC S520 for all contractors performing services.
Following remediation efforts, have your mold consultant conduct a post-remediation inspection including a visual inspection, moisture measurements, and air samples.
Only when your post-remediation inspection is complete can you breathe easy.
We’d love to help you with all of your indoor environmental needs. When you need a mold consultant, call on our highly trained, experienced professional.
Consultant fee are usually recognized by insurance companies so it is beneficial to both the client and the insurance companies knowing a professional is overseeing the entire project from start to finish. This adds fluidity, efficiency from our decades of experience along with our network, that sets us above the rest!